I think before doing anything quick here we should look at this more
holistically: How do the different connectors work, i.e. how do you construct
them? Can we find a way to unify that, maybe using a Builder pattern? And then
should we make a plan of getting the connectors there, possibly with a FLIP,
because that sounds like a somewhat bigger change.

What do you think?

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Flink+Improvement+Proposals