Hey Becket,

This is a great idea!
For this to be successful, we need to make sure the page is placed
prominently so that the people submitting something will get attention for
their contributions.
I think a dynamic site would probably be better, if we want features such
as up and downvoting or comments.
I would also like this to be hosted on Apache infra, and endorsed by the
community.

Does anybody here know any existing software that we could use?
The only think I was able to find is AUR: https://aur.archlinux.org/ (which
is a community packages site for Arch Linux. The source code of this portal
is open source, but the layout and structure is not an ideal fit for our
requirements)

Best,
Robert