Hi,

Another update: things are looking mostly good! There is only one release
blocker remaining [1] as of the time of this writing. Unfortunately, tomorrow
is a public holiday in Germany so I might not get around to creating a first
RC, sorry for that!

Regarding, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-11501
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-11501>, I decided not to include
it on the release-1.8 branch because I had some concerns about adding
shaded-guava to flink-core as a dependency. I started a thread about this [2].

I’ll create a first RC as soon as the blockers are resolved and I find the time.

Best,
Aljoscha

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12334772
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12334772>