@Thomas There is a note about this in the documentation release notes:
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/5d46437fee92a6e1ec8c0653849a6b27733e99ad/docs/release-notes/flink-1.8.md#change-in-the-maven-modules-of-table-api-flink-11064

<https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/5d46437fee92a6e1ec8c0653849a6b27733e99ad/docs/release-notes/flink-1.8.md#change-in-the-maven-modules-of-table-api-flink-11064>.
 I’ll add this to the release blog post.

The shaded hadoop2 version number is like this to satisfy our build infra. If
it were the other way round we would have
flink-shaded-hadoop2-1.9-SNAPSHOT-2.8.3, and I think the nightly maven snapshot
repos don’t accept that as a snapshot version and our nightly releases  were
not built for a while because of this.

Aljoscha