Hi Faxian,

Thanks for thinking on this new approach. Here are my thoughts:

- In case of event time, although, this approach changes semantics of
original list state, it could be a good fit for certain use cases. The main
advantage is that it is deterministic in event time. The list should end up
always in the same order.

- In case of processing time, the time skew might be a problem. If task
executor's clock jumps back for some reason or it fails and another TE with
shifted clock takes over, this can potentially reorder list elements. If we
rather think about the list state as a bag, reordering might be ok but
there is also a risk that different elements might end up having the same
processing time and rewrite each other.

- In general, exploding a storage size is a trade-off to achieve more
scalability for list state and should be ok if we do not degrade existing
approach.

Let's see other opinions.

Best,
Andrey