Yes, I Know .

 Going to replace this with Kafka once the approach will work for me 😊

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Sent: 15 April 2019 11:46
To: dev <dev@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: SQL CLI and JDBC

Hi,

I don't have much experience with Calcite connectors.

One potential problem might be fetching the results. The CLI client uses the
DataSet.collect() method which collects all results from all TMs in the JM and
(AFAIK) transfers it in a single RPC message back to the client.
Hence, this only works for small results (a few MBs) and breaks if the result
size exceeds the max message size of RPC calls. For even larger results, it
might even crash the JM.
You would need a robust mechanism to collect results from multiple TMs.

Best, Fabian