You do have a point, but your output is mostly incorrect.

There are only 3 modules that have a suffix, which don't need it:

 *

   flink-connector-hive

 *

   flink-queryable-state-client-java

 *

   flink-table-api-scala

The remaining do need it since they have dependencies with a scala-suffix (mostly on runtime and streaming-java).

Your change does make sense to me, but there's likely another issue in the preceding logic that determines which module is scala-free. flink-tests for example should not be considered scala-free, since it relies on flink-runtime which contains scala and hence the scala-lang dependencies, but it apparently is given that your change detects something.