Hi,

Thanks Dyana for bringing this up and Bowen for helping to move this
forward. Very happy to hear about this!

Please feel free to to create a new JIRA ticket for this and assign it to
yourself. +1 to aim this for 1.9.0.
The subtasks that Bowen mentioned looks good to me. Issues such as [1] and
[2] should also be resolved as part of this effort.

Also cc'ing Thomas, who recently has more coverage on the Flink Kinesis
connector.

Cheers,
Gordon

[1]  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-3924