Hi Dawid,

Thanks a lot for your example.

I think most users will expect splitted1 to be empty in the example.

The unexpected results produced, in my opinion, is due to our problematic
implementation, instead of the confusing semantics.
We can fix the problem if we add a SELECT operator to filter out unexpected
records (Of course, we can find some optimization to improve the
efficiency.).

After all, i prefer to fix the problems to make the results as expected.
What do you think?

Regards,
Xiaogang

Dawid Wysakowicz <dwysakow...@apache.org> 于2019年6月17日周一 下午7:21写道: