Hi,

I would like to ask if minor, focused, refactoring done by extracting
duplicate code to private methods is welcome for existing code/classes. The
reasoning behind my question is that I want to avoid [1], but at the same
time I clearly identify with [2]. If it is indeed welcome, is it OK to
commit it with a message along the lines
"[hotfix][refactoring][component-name] - brief message", or is it more
appropriate to create a JIRA ?

[1] - "Is this a contribution just for the sake of getting a commit in an
open source project (fixing typos, style changes merely for taste reasons".
~ contribute code guide
<https://flink.apache.org/contributing/contribute-code.html>

[2] - "Whenever you are about to copy/paste some code, or reproduce a
similar type of functionality in a different place, think about the ways
how to refactor/reuse/abstract the changes to avoid the duplication" ~ "Apache
Flink Code Style and Quality Guide
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1owKfK1DwXA-w6qnx3R7t2D_o0BsFkkukGlRhvl3XXjQ/edit#heading=h.7xph6o4i5xf0>
"

Thanks,