Hi all,

There are quite a few instabilities in our builds right now (master +
release-1.9), some of which are directed or suspiciously related to the 1.9
release.

I'll categorize the instabilities into ones which we were already tracking
in the 1.9 Burndown Kanban board [1] prior to this email, and which ones
seems to be new or were not monitored so that we draw additional attention
to them:

*Instabilities that were already being tracked*

- FLINK-13242: StandaloneResourceManagerTest.testStartupPeriod fails on
Travis [2]
A fix for this is coming with FLINK-13408 (Schedule
StandaloneResourceManager.setFailUnfulfillableRequest whenever the
leadership is acquired) [3]

*New discovered instabilities that we should also start monitoring*

- FLINK-13484: ConnectedComponents E2E fails with
ResourceNotAvailableException [4]
- FLINK-13487:
TaskExecutorPartitionLifecycleTest.testPartitionReleaseAfterReleaseCall
failed on Travis [5]. FLINK-13476 (Partitions not being properly released
on cancel) could be the cause [6].
- FLINK-13488: flink-python fails to build on Travis due to Python 3.3
install failure [7]
- FLINK-13489: Heavy deployment E2E fails quite consistently on Travis with
TM heartbeat timeout [8]
- FLINK-9900:
ZooKeeperHighAvailabilityITCase.testRestoreBehaviourWithFaultyStateHandles
deadlocks [9]
- FLINK-13377: Streaming SQ E2E fails on Travis with mismatching outputs
(could just be that the SQL query tested on Travis is indeterministic) [10]

Cheers,
Gordon

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?projectKey=FLINK&rapidView=328