Just add my 2 cents.

Using environment variables to override the configuration for different
taskmanagers is better.
We do not need to generate dedicated flink-conf.yaml for all taskmanagers.
A common flink-conf.yam and different environment variables are enough.
By reducing the distributed cached files, it could make launching a
taskmanager faster.

Stephan gives a good suggestion that we could move the logic into
"GlobalConfiguration.loadConfig()" method.
Maybe the client could also benefit from this. Different users do not have
to export FLINK_CONF_DIR to update few config options.

Best,
Yang

Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org> 于2019年8月28日周三 上午1:21写道: