guaishushu1...@163.com

From: Jan Lukavský
Date: 2019-09-03 20:17
To: dev
Subject: Re: ClassLoader created by BlobLibraryCacheManager is not using
context classloader
Hi Till,

the use-case is pretty much simple - I have a REPL shell in groovy,
which generates classes at runtime. The actual hierarchy is therefore

 system class loader -> application classloader -> repl classloader
(GroovyClassLoader actually)

now, when a terminal (sink) operation in the shell occurs, I'm able to
build a jar, which I can submit to remote cluster (in distributed case).
But - during testing -  I run the code using local flink. There is no
(legal) way of adding this new runtime generated jar to local flink. As
I said, I have a hackish solution which works on JDK <= 8, because it
uses reflection to call addURL on the application classloader (and
thefore "pretends", that the generated jar was there all the time from
the JVM startup). This breaks on JDK >= 9. It might be possible to work
around this somehow, but I think that the reason why LocalEnvironment is
not having a way to add jars (as in case of RemoteEnvironment) is that
is assumes, that you actually have all of the on classpath when using
local runner. I think that this implies that it either has to use
context classloader (to be able to work on top of any classloading user
might have), or is wrong and would need be fixed, so that
LocalEnvironment would accept files to "stage" - which would mean adding
them to a class loader (probably URLClassLoader with the application
class loader as parent).

Or, would you see any other option?

Jan