Okay, thanks for clarifying. I have some followup question here. If we
consider Kafka offsets commits, this basically means that
the offsets committed during the checkpoint are not necessarily the
offsets that were really processed by the pipeline and written to sink ? I
mean If there is a window in the pipeline, then the records are saved in
the window state if the window was not emitted yet, but they are considered
as processed, thus will not be replayed in case of restart, because Flink
considers them as processed when committing offsets. Am I correct ?

Best,
Dom.