When we setup alert like "fullRestarts > 1" for some rolling window, we
want to use counter. if it is a Gauge, "fullRestarts" will never go below 1
after a first full restart. So alert condition will always be true after
first job restart. If we can apply a derivative to the Gauge value, I guess
alert can probably work. I can explore if that is an option or not.

Yeah. Understood that "fullRestart" won't increment when fine grained
recovery happened. I think "task_failures" counter already exists in Flink.