Hi Dian,

+1 to drop Python 2 directly.

Just as @jincheng said, things would be more complicated if we are going to
support python UDFs.
The python UDFs will introduce a lot of python dependencies which will also
drop the support of Python 2, such as beam, pandas, pyarrow, etc.
Given this and Python 2 will reach EOL on Jan 1 2020. I think we can drop
Python 2 in Flink as well.

As for the two options, I think we can drop it directly in 1.10. The
flink-python is introduced just from 1.9, I think it's safe to drop it for
now.
And we can also benefit from it when we add support for python UDFs.

Best, Hequn