Sender: vino yang<yanghua1...@gmail.com>
Recipient: dev@flink.apache.org<dev@flink.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, Oct 22, 2019 15:42
Subject: [DISCUSS] Introduce a location-oriented two-stage query mechanism
toimprove the queryable state.

Hi guys,

Currently, queryable state's client is hard to use. Because it requires users
to know the address of TaskManager and the port of the proxy. Actually, most
users who do not have good knowledge about the Flink's inner and runtime in
production. The queryable state clients directly interact with query state
client proxies which host on each TaskExecutor. This design requires users to
know too much detail.

We introduce a location service component to improve the architecture of the
queryable state and hide the details of the task executors. We first give a
brief introduction to our design in Section 2 and then detail the
implementation in Section 3. At last, we describe some future work that can be
done.

I have given an initialized implementation in my Flink repository[2]. One thing
that needs to be stated is that we have not changed the existing solution, so
it still works according to the previous modes.

The design documentation is here[3].

Any suggestion and feedback are welcome and appriciated.

[1]: https://statefun.io/
[2]: https://github.com/yanghua/flink/tree/improve-queryable-state-master
[3]:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/181qYVIiHQGrc3hCj3QBn1iEHF4bUztdw4XO8VSaf_uI/edit?usp=sharing