Hi all,

Firstly thanks @tison for bring this up and strongly +1 for the overall design.

I’d like to add one more example of "multiple jobs in one program" with what
I’m currently working on. I’m trying to run a TPC-DS benchmark testing
(including tens of sql query job) on Flink and sufferring a lot from
maintaining the client because I can’t run this program in per-job mode and
have to make the client attached.

Back to our discussion, I can see now there is a divergence of compiling the
job graph between in client and in #ClusterEntrypoint. And up and downsides
exist in either way. As for the opt-in solution, I have a question, what if the
user chooses detach mode, compiling in the client and runs a multi-job program
at the same time? And it still not gonna work.
Besides, by adding an compiling option, we need to consider more things when
submitting a job like "Is my program including multiple job?" or "Does the
program need to be initialized before submitting to a remote cluster?", which
looks a bit complicated and confusing to me.

By summarizing, I'll vote for the per-program new concept but I may not prefer
the opt-in option mentioned in the mailing list or maybe we need to reconsider
a better concept and definition which is easy to understand.

Best,
Jiayi Liao