Hi everyone,

In FLIP-58[1] it will add the support of Python user-defined stateless function
for Python Table API. It will launch a separate Python process for Python
user-defined function execution. The resources used by the Python process
should be managed properly by Flinkā€™s resource management framework. FLIP-49[2]
has proposed a unified memory management framework and PyFlink user-defined
function resource management should be based on it. Jincheng, Hequn, Xintong,
GuoWei and I discussed offline about this. I draft a design doc[3] and want to
start a discussion about PyFlink user-defined function resource management.

Welcome any comments on the design doc or giving us feedback on the ML directly.

Regards,
Dian

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-58%3A+Flink+Python+User-Defined+Stateless+Function+for+Table