Hi Dawid, Hi Jark,

in my experience it is very important to be able to forward arbitrary
properties to the underlying KafkaClient. This seems to be possible in both
cases. I am leaning towards Jark's original suggestion. Flink's
documentation would only need to state that it forwards everything under
"connector.properties" to the KafkaClient.

If the external system has a different formatting scheme, we could still
document this on a per-connector basis (use Flink's formatting scheme and
document how it is translated to the external system's native properties)
or if possible use the external system's scheme under
"connector.properties". I don't really know the limitations on our side
w.r.t this.

Cheers,

Konstantin

--

Konstantin Knauf | Solutions Architect

+49 160 91394525

Follow us @VervericaData Ververica <https://www.ververica.com/>

Conference

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Timothy Alexander Steinert, Yip Park Tung Jason, Ji
(Tony) Cheng