Hi,

I wanted to bring up the discuss of Disable conversion between TIMESTAMP
and Long in parameters and results of UDXs.

Since FLINK-12253[1] introduce the new TimestampType and conversion from
and
to long is not supported, the UDXs with Long parameters should not receive
TIMESTAMP fields and vice versa.

The current situation is we use long as internal representation of
TIMESTAMP, the legacy planner and blink planner DO NOT DISABLE this
conversion. Now FLINK-14599[2] would introduce a new internal
representation of TIMESTAMP and it's time to make a decision to DISABLE it.

In addition, our document[3] recommends UDXs users use long as
representation of SQL_TIMESTAMP, which is obsolete too.

Please let me know what you think!

https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.9/dev/table/udfs.html#best-practices-for-implementing-udfs

*Best Regards,*
*Zhenghua Gao*