Dear folks,

DISCLAIMER: With this mail, my sole intention is to establish contact with the
community and trade ideas on how to realize the goal described below.

I'm a starting PhD researcher in distributed systems and databases who is
particularly interested in worst-case optimal (multiway) join processing on
streams. I have performed preliminary tests with a new join algorithm that
shows rather promising results. However, the limitation is that the algorithm
operates in a centralized fashion. My goal is to extend the capabilities of the
algorithm to operate in a distributed environment. To showcase my results, I
want to implement a proof-of-concept in Apache Flink. I know this is a rather
ambitious project, hence why I am reaching out to the community.

I have traversed most of the application development documentation on the
website (e.g., [1, 2, 3, 4]) but I am now eager the learn more about the
internals thereof. Specifically, I want to gain some more insights in the
lifecycle of a query in Flink. Is there some additional documentation available
on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://flink.apache.org/news/2015/04/13/release-0.9.0-milestone1.html
[2]