Hi,

First of all, I think it is not called "UNBOUNDED", according to the
FLIP-27, it is called "CONTINUOUS_UNBOUNDED".
And from the description of the Boundedness in the FLIP-27[1] declares
clearly what Becket and I think.

public enum Boundedness {

    /**
     * A bounded source processes the data that is currently available and
will end after that.
     *
     * <p>When a source produces a bounded stream, the runtime may activate
additional optimizations
     * that are suitable only for bounded input. Incorrectly producing
unbounded data when the source
     * is set to produce a bounded stream will often result in programs
that do not output any results
     * and may eventually fail due to runtime errors (out of memory or
storage).
     */
    BOUNDED,

    /**
     * A continuous unbounded source continuously processes all data as it
comes.
     *
     * <p>The source may run forever (until the program is terminated) or
might actually end at some point,
     * based on some source-specific conditions. Because that is not
transparent to the runtime,
     * the runtime will use an execution mode for continuous unbounded
streams whenever this mode
     * is chosen.
     */
    CONTINUOUS_UNBOUNDED