Hi Dian,
Thanks for giving us valuable feedbacks.

1) It's better to have a whole design for this feature
For the suggestion of enabling the cluster mode also session cluster, I
think Flink already supported it. WebSubmissionExtension already allows
users to start a job with the specified jar by using web UI.
But we need to enable the feature from CLI for both local jar, remote jar.
I will align with Yang Wang first about the details and update the design
doc.

2) It's better to consider the convenience for users, such as debugging

I am wondering whether we can store the exception in jobgragh generation in
application master. As no streaming graph can be scheduled in this case,
there will be no more TM will be requested from FlinkRM.
If the AM is still running, users can still query it from CLI. As it
requires more change, we can get some feedback from <aljos...@apache.org>
and @zjf...@gmail.com <zjf...@gmail.com>.

3) It's better to consider the impact to the stability of the cluster

I agree with Yang Wang's opinion.

Best Regards
Peter Huang