Thanks Roman for driving this.

Although Upsert sink can bring some consistency guarantee to JDBC sink,
users have strong requirements to append exactly-once sink too.

+1 to use XA distribution transaction.

For WAL, as far as my experience is concerned, writing JDBC in large
quantities when checkpoint is completed will easily lead to too much
pressure and some instability to database.

For testing, maybe we need add some XA testing in e2e.

But I'm worried about the performance of XA. Sometimes using MySQL's XA
will lead to poor performance (of course, it may be related to usage).

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--
Best, Jingsong Lee