Hi folks,

I am very happy to receive some user inquiries about the use of Flink
Python API (PyFlink) recently. One of the more common questions is whether
it is possible to install PyFlink without using source code build. The most
convenient and natural way for users is to use `pip install apache-flink`.
We originally planned to support the use of `pip install apache-flink` in
Flink 1.10, but the reason for this decision was that when Flink 1.9 was
released at August 22, 2019[1], Flink's PyPI account system was not ready.
At present, our PyPI account is available at October 09, 2019 [2](Only PMC
can access), So for the convenience of users I propose:

- Publish the latest release version (1.9.2) of Flink 1.9 to PyPI.
- Update Flink 1.9 documentation to add support for `pip install`.

As we all know, Flink 1.9.2 was just completed released at January 31, 2020
[3]. There is still at least 1 to 2 months before the release of 1.9.3, so
my proposal is completely considered from the perspective of user
convenience. Although the proposed work is not large, we have not set a
precedent for independent release of the Flink Python API(PyFlink) in the
previous release process. I hereby initiate the current discussion and look
forward to your feedback!

Best,
Jincheng

[1]