Hi Kostas,

Thanks a lot for your conclusion and updating the FLIP-85 WIKI. Currently,
i have no more
questions about motivation, approach, fault tolerance and the first phase
implementation.

I think the new title "Flink Application Mode" makes a lot senses to me.
Especially for the
containerized environment, the cluster deploy option will be very useful.

Just one concern, how do we introduce this new application mode to our
users?
Each user program(i.e. `main()`) is an application. Currently, we intend to
only support one
`execute()`. So what's the difference between per-job and application mode?

For per-job, user `main()` is always executed on client side. And For
application mode, user
`main()` could be executed on client or master side(configured via cli
option).
Right? We need to have a clear concept. Otherwise, the users will be more
and more confusing.

Best,
Yang

Kostas Kloudas <kklou...@gmail.com> 于2020年3月2日周一 下午5:58写道: