Thanks Dawid for starting this discussion.

I like the "LIKE".

1.For "INHERITS", I think this is a good feature too, yes, ALTER TABLE will
propagate any changes in column data definitions and check constraints down
the inheritance hierarchy. A inherits B, A and B share every things, they
have the same kafka topic. If modify schema of B, this means underlying
kafka topic schema changed, so I think it is good to modify A too. If this
for "ConfluentSchemaRegistryCatalog" mention by Jark, I think sometimes
this is just we want.
But "LIKE" also very useful for many cases.

2.For LIKE statement in schema, I know two kinds of like syntax, one is
MySQL/hive/sqlserver, the other is PostgreSQL. I prefer former:
- In the FLIP, there is "OVERWRITING OPTIONS", this will overwrite
properties in "with"? This looks weird, because "LIKE" is in schema, but it
can affect outside properties.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--