Thanks, Jingsong, for bringing this up. We've received lots of feedbacks in
the past few months that the complexity involved in different Hive versions
has been quite painful for users to start with. So it's great to step
forward and deal with such issue.

Before getting on a decision, can you please explain:

1) why you proposed segregating hive versions into the 5 ranges above?
2) what different Hive features are supported in the 5 ranges?
3) have you tested that whether the proposed corresponding Flink module
will be fully compatible with each Hive version range?

Thanks,
Bowen