Hi Thomas,

it's like you said. The first version will not support rescaling and mostly
addresses the concerns about making little to no progress because of
frequent crashes.

The main reason is that we cannot guarantee the ordering of non-keyed data
(and even keyed data in some weird cases) when rescaling currently. We have
a general concept to address that, which would also enable dynamic
rescaling in the future, but that would make the changes even bigger and we
would not have any version ready for 1.11.

The current plan, of course, is to continue improving unaligned checkpoints
immediately after release, such that we have the full feature set for 1.12.
Potentially, unaligned checkpoints (with timeouts) would even become the
default option.