Thanks for the feedback, Stephan.

> Can we somehow keep this out of the TaskManager services
I fear that we could not. IMO, the GPUManager(or
ExternalServicesManagers in future) is conceptually one of the task
manager services, just like MemoryManager before 1.10.
- It maintains/holds the GPU resource at TM level and all of the
operators allocate the GPU resources from it. So, it should be
exclusive to a single TaskExecutor.
- We could add a collection called ExternalResourceManagers to hold
all managers of other external resources in the future.

> What parts need information about this?
In this FLIP, operators need the information. Thus, we expose GPU
information to the RuntimeContext/FunctionContext. The slot profile is
not aware of GPU resources as GPU is TM level resource now.

> Can the GPU Manager be a "self contained" thing that simply takes the
> configuration, and then abstracts everything internally?
Yes, we just pass the path/args of the discover script and how many
GPUs per TM to it. It takes the responsibility to get the GPU
information and expose them to the RuntimeContext/FunctionContext of
Operators. Meanwhile, we'd better not allow operators to directly
access GPUManager, it should get what they want from Context. We could
then decouple the interface/implementation of GPUManager and Public
API.

Best,
Yangze Guo