Hi All,

Has anyone tried to manage production Flink applications through JMX remote
monitoring & management[1]?

We were experimenting to enable JMXRMI on Flink by default in production
and would like to share some of our thoughts:
** Is there any straightforward way to dynamically allocate JMXRMI remote
ports?*
  - It is unrealistic to use JMXRMI static port in production environment,
however we have to go all around the logging system to make the dynamic
remote port number printed out in the log files - this seems very
inconvenient.
  - I think it would be very handy if we can show the JMXRMI remote
information on JobManager/TaskManager UI, or via REST API. (I am thinking
about something similar to [2])

** Is there any performance overhead enabling JMX for a Flink application?*
  - We haven't seen any significant performance impact in our experiments.
However the experiment is not that well-rounded and the observation is
inconclusive.
  - I was wondering would it be a good idea to put some benchmark in the
regression tests[3] to see what's the overhead would be?

It would be highly appreciated if anyone could share some experiences or
provide any suggestions in how we can improve the JMX remote integration
with Flink.

Thanks,
Rong

[1]