Thanks for updating!

+1 for supporting the pipelined region scheduling. Although we could
not prevent resource deadlock in all scenarios, it is really a big
step.

The design generally LGTM.

One minor thing I want to make sure. If I understand correctly, the
blocking edge will not be consumable before the upstream is finished.
Without it, when the failure occurs in the upstream region, there is
still possible to have a resource deadlock. I don't know whether it is
an explicit protocol now. But after this FLIP, I think it should not
be broken.
I'm also wondering could we execute the upstream and downstream
regions at the same time if we have enough resources. It can shorten
the running time of large job. We should not break the protocol of
blocking edge. But if it is possible to change the data exchange mode
of two regions dynamically?

Best,
Yangze Guo