Hi, Stephan,

I see your concern and I totally agree with you.

The interface on RM side is now `Map<String key, String/Long value>
getYarn/KubernetesExternalResource()`. The only valid information RM
get from it is the configuration key of that external resource in
Yarn/K8s. The "String/Long value" would be the same as the
external-resource.{resourceName}.amount.
So, I think it makes sense to replace these two interfaces with two
configs, i.e. external-resource.{resourceName}.yarn/kubernetes.key. We
may lose some extensibility, but AFAIK it could work with common
external resources like GPU, FPGA. WDYT?

Best,
Yangze Guo