Hi, Dawid

Regarding to `connector.property-version`,
I totally agree with you we should implicitly add a "property-version=1"
(without 'connector.' prefix) property for future evolving. So I updated
FLIP for this.
However, I still doubt to use property version to distinguish old/new
factory. Because it will break existing DDLs, unless users manually set
`connector.property-version=1` to their existing DDLs. So I still prefer to
use `connector` vs `connector.type` to distinguish old/new factory.

----------------------------

Hi Timo,

+1 to zookeeper.znode-parent

> sink.bulk-flush -> sink.buffer-flush?
I would like to keep using bulk-flush, because "bulk" is a well-known
Elasticsearch API and terminology [1].
I think we don't need to align all the terminologies across Flink
connectors. Following the external system's
terminology will be more easy-to-understand for connector users.

> username -> secrect.username?
That's a good idea to hide secret values in logs. However, is there a
better way to do that? For example, add a secretOptions() method to Factory?
IMO, a `secrect.` prefix is too weak and limit the design of a property
key. For example, we want to support authentication for elasticserch [2],
a possible property keys will be `authentication.enabled=true`,
`authentication.username=jark`, `authentication.password=123456`.

[1]:
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/docs-bulk.html
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-16788
----------------------------

Hi Zhenghua,

> does this affect descriptors and related validators?
No. As described in the compatiblity section, all the old properties will
be routed to the old factories.
So all the current descriptors (will be translated to old property keys)
are still compatible.
But, we should have a plan to translate current descritors into new
property keys.
However, that is not in the scope of this FLIP and could be done in a
separate simple JIRA issue.

Best,
Jark