**Release Overview**

As an overview, the release consists of the following:
a) Stateful Functions canonical source distribution, to be deployed to the
release repository at dist.apache.org
b) Stateful Functions Python SDK distributions to be deployed to PyPI
c) Maven artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository

**Staging Areas to Review**

The staging areas containing the above mentioned artifacts are as follows,
for your review:
* All artifacts for a) and b) can be found in the corresponding dev
repository at dist.apache.org [2]
* All artifacts for c) can be found at the Apache Nexus Repository [3]

All artifacts are singed with the
key 1C1E2394D3194E1944613488F320986D35C33D6A [4]

Other links for your review:
* JIRA release notes [5]
* source code tag "release-2.0.0-rc5" [6] [7]
* PR to update the website Downloads page to include Stateful Functions
links [8]

**Extra Remarks**

* Part of the release is also official Docker images for Stateful
Functions. This can be a separate process, since the creation of those
relies on the fact that we have distribution jars already deployed to
Maven. I will follow-up with this after these artifacts are officially
released.
* The Flink Website and blog post is also being worked on (by Marta) as
part of the release, to incorporate the new Stateful Functions project. We
can follow up with a link to those changes afterwards in this vote thread,
but that would not block you to test and cast your votes already.
* Since the Flink website changes are still being worked on, you will not
yet be able to find the Stateful Functions docs from there. Here are the
links [9] [10].

**Vote Duration**

Since this RC only fixes licensing and docs issues from previous RCs,
I propose to have a shorter voting period than usual.

*The target end time is Thursday, April 2nd, UTC 06:00 (24 hours from now).*
It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Gordon

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P9yjwSbPQtul0z2AXMnVolWQbzhxs68suJvzR6xMjcs/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-statefun-2.0.0-rc5/
[3] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1345/
[4] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[5]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12346878
[6]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink-statefun.git;a=commit;h=10ebc80477d065427cb9eb58c911aabf8943bafb
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-statefun/tree/release-2.0.0-rc5
[8] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/318
[9] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-statefun-docs-master/
[10] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-statefun-docs-release-2.0/

TIP: You can create a `settings.xml` file with these contents:

"""
<settings>
  <activeProfiles>
    <activeProfile>flink-statefun-2.0.0</activeProfile>
  </activeProfiles>
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>flink-statefun-2.0.0</id>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>flink-statefun-2.0.0</id>
          <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1345/
</url>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <id>archetype</id>
          <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1345/
</url>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>
  </profiles>
</settings>
"""

And reference that in you maven commands via `--settings
path/to/settings.xml`.
This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the staged release and
for building against the staged jars.