Hi all,

It has been more than two months since we released Flink 1.9.2. There are
already 36 improvements/bugfixes in the release-1.9 branch. Therefore, I
propose to create the next bugfix release 1.9.3 for Flink 1.9.

Most notable fixes are:

- [FLINK-15085] HistoryServer dashboard config json out of sync
- [FLINK-15575] Azure Filesystem Shades Wrong Package "httpcomponents"
- [FLINK-15638] releasing/create_release_branch.sh does not set version in
flink-python/pyflink/version.py
- [FLINK-16242] BinaryGeneric serialization error cause checkpoint failure
- [FLINK-16573] Kinesis consumer does not properly shutdown RecordFetcher
threads
- [FLINK-16047] Blink planner produces wrong aggregate results with state clean
up
- [FLINK-16860] TableException: Failed to push filter into table source! when
upgrading flink to 1.9.2
- [FLINK-16916] The logic of NullableSerializer#copy is wrong
- [FLINK-16389] Bump Kafka 0.10 to 0.10.2.2
- [FLINK-15812] HistoryServer archiving is done in Dispatcher main thread
- [FLINK-17062] Fix the conversion from Java row type to Python row type

Furthermore, there is one blocker issue which should be merged before 1.9.3
release:

- [FLINK-16576] State inconsistency on restore with memory state backends
(reviewing)

I would volunteer as the release manager and kick off the release process. What
do you think?

Please let me know if there are any concerns or any other blocker issues need
to be fixed in 1.9.3. Thanks.

Appreciated if there is any PMC could help with the final steps of the release
process.

Regards,
Dian