Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for bringing up this discussion. +1 for the idea.
We have met this in our company too, and I planned to support it recently
in our internal branch.

regarding to your questions,
1) I think it might be more a table/view than function, just like Temporal
Table (which is also known as
dimension table). Maybe we need a DDL like CREATE VIEW and plus some
additional settings.
2) If we design the DDL for it like view, then maybe temporary is ok
enough.

Konstantin Knauf <kna...@apache.org> 于2020年4月16日周四 下午8:16写道:

--

Benchao Li
School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University