Thanks Jingsong for bringing up the discussion. Perhaps we can do both #1
and #2? I like the idea that SQL Client should just forward SQL statements
to TableEnvironment. IIUC, with TableEnvironment::executeSql in place, most
statements can be forwarded. Only a very limited set of statements need to
be handled by SQL Client, like SET and EXIT.

--
Best regards!
Rui Li