Hi Prasanna,

I'd like to add my two cents here. I would not say using the incremental
checkpoint is always the best choice. It might have its downsides when
restoring from the checkpoint as it will have to apply all the deltas.
Therefore restoring from a non-incremental checkpoint might be faster.

As Yun Tang, mentioned the incremental checkpoints are supported by
RocksDB only. You don't necessarily need the RocksDB state backend in
all cases. If you are sure that the state will fit into the memory (it
is probably the case for such a simple job, especially if the map
function is stateless), you should be good with the Filesystem state
backend[1]. This state backend should be faster as it does not need to
spill anything to disk and keeps everything in a deserialized form
during the runtime.

You might also find this short post[2] helpful.

Best,

Dawid

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/ops/state/state_backends.html#the-fsstatebackend