Hi All,

It has been about 1 month since we released Flink 1.11.1. It's not too far
but
we already have more than 80 resolved improvements/bugs in the release-1.11
branch. Some of them are quite critical. Therefore, I propose to create the
next
bugfix release 1.11.2 for Flink 1.11.

Most noticeable fixes are:
- FLINK-18769 MiniBatch doesn't work with FLIP-95 source
- FLINK-18902 Cannot serve results of asynchronous REST operations in
per-job mode
- FLINK-18682 Vector orc reader cannot read Hive 2.0.0 table
- FLINK-18608 CustomizedConvertRule#convertCast drops nullability
- FLINK-18646 Managed memory released check can block RPC thread
- FLINK-18993 Invoke sanityCheckTotalFlinkMemory method incorrectly in
JobManagerFlinkMemoryUtils.java
- FLINK-18663 RestServerEndpoint may prevent server shutdown
- FLINK-18595 Deadlock during job shutdown
- FLINK-18581 Cannot find GC cleaner with java version previous
jdk8u72(-b01)
- FLINK-17075 Add task status reconciliation between TM and JM

Furthermore, I think the following blocker issue should be merged before
1.11.2 release

- FLINK-19121 Avoid accessing HDFS frequently in HiveBulkWriterFactory

I would volunteer as the release manager and kick off the release process.
What do you think?

Please let me know if there are any concerns or any missing blocker issues
need to be fixed in 1.11.2.

Thanks,
Zhu Zhu