@Seth That's a very good point. I agree that RocksDB has the same
problem. I think we can use the same approach for the sorted shuffles
then. @Aljoscha I agree we should think about making it more resilient,
as I guess users might have problems already if they use keys with
non-deterministic binary representation. How do you feel about
addressing that separately purely to limit the scope of this FLIP?

@Aljoscha I tend to agree with you that the best place to actually place
the sorting would be in the InputProcessor(s). If there are no more
suggestions in respect to that issue. I'll put this proposal for voting.

@all Thank you for the feedback so far. I'd like to start a voting
thread on the proposal tomorrow. Therefore I'd appreciate if you comment
before that, if you still have some outstanding ideas.

Best,

Dawid