Sorry for being late, I went through the design doc and here are
my comments:

1. A minor one, how about moving Schema after DataStream in all affected
APIs? Such as:
StreamTableEnvironment.fromDataStream(Schema, DataStream<T>): Table
StreamTableEnvironment.createTemporaryView(String, Schema, DataStream<T>):
Unit
StreamTableEnvironment.fromChangelogStream(Schema, DataStream<Row>): Table
StreamTableEnvironment.toChangelogStream(Schema, Table): DataStream<Row>

It will look more aligned with APIs which don't have Schema. For example:
StreamTableEnvironment.fromDataStream(DataStream<T>): Table
StreamTableEnvironment.fromDataStream(DataStream<T>, Schema): Table

2. A question to: StreamTableEnvironment.fromDataStream(Schema,
DataStream<T>): Table
How do we convert the types between Schema and T, will we do some
verification? Will we do some type coercion? For example,
can we support Schema.LONG with DataStream<Integer>? And if T is a Tuple,
do we have some rules for setting field names in Schema?
I can see lots of imagination from this method but the rules are unclear to
me.

3. A question to: StreamTableEnvironment.fromChangelogStream(DataStream<Row>):
Table
How do you derive schema from DataStream<Row>?

4. A question to: StreamTableEnvironment.toDataStream(AbstractDataType<?>,
Table): DataStream<T>
I'm wondering whether this method is necessary. Always getting a
DataStream<Row> from the table and then manually applying some
map function seems to be not cumbersome and safer (such intelligent
conversion always seems error prone to me).

5.
> The `toChangelogStream(Schema, Table)` exists for completeness to have a
symmetric API.
> It allows for declaring the data type for output similar to
DynamicTableSinks.
> Additionally, internal structures such as StringData, TimestampData can
still be used by power users.
> In that sense, Row can behave like a GenericRowData.

How does Row behave like GenericRowData? I don't think Row can work with
RowData for now.

6. Row.withNames() seems dangerous to me. It relies on user setting all the
fields they need during `setField(String name, T value)`.
It's also highly possible that users would not set certain fields when for
example some fields are NULL. They would expect that all the fields
they didn't set should be NULL.
Row.withNames(String[] filedNames) or Row.withNames(List<String>
fieldNames) seems to be a safer choice.
I agree that simplicity is important but making API safer to use is also
important.

Best,
Kurt