On 2021/01/06 16:05, Arvid Heise wrote:
thanks for the detailed example. It feels like Aljoscha and you are also
not fully aligned yet. For me, it sounded as if Aljoscha would like to
avoid sending RPC to non-source subtasks.

No, I think we need the triggering of intermediate operators.

I was just thinking out loud about the potential scenarios where intermediate operators will in fact stay online, and how common they are.

Also, I sent an explanation that is similar to Yuns. It seems we always write out mails in parallel and then sent them before checking. :-) So you always get two explanations of roughly the same thing.

Best,
Aljoscha