Hi Chen,

with version 1.10 Flink introduced that RocksDB uses Flink's managed memory
[1]. This shall prevent RocksDB from exceeding the memory limits of a
process/container. Unfortunately, this is not yet perfect due to a problem
in RocksDB [2]. Due to this fact, RocksDB can still exceed the managed
memory budget. What you could do is to configure a higher off-heap size for
your tasks via taskmanager.memory.task.off-heap.size to compensate for this.

I also pull in Yu Li who can tell you more about the current limitations of
the memory limitation for RocksDB.

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.12/ops/state/state_backends.html#memory-management

Till