The reason why this feature is not part of Flink is that it is not trivial
to solve. There are definitely different solutions to the problem. I think
that a solution will probably be built around Flink and not integrated into
it because it goes a bit beyond what Flink's current focus is. I can tell
you that companies are looking at this problem and want to solve it within
their commercial offerings.

Cheers,
Till