@Xintong
> introduce a general approach for overwriting such job specifics without
> re-compiling the job
I think that would be a good direction. Just share some cents on this
topic. I'd divide the job-level specifics into two categories:
- Specifics which affect how Flink executes the job, e.g.
"parallelism.default". Currently, most of these specifics have a
corresponding config option.
- Job-specific arguments, e.g. the "input" of our WordCount example.
Those could only be passes as program arguments.
It might be good to have a general approach for overwriting all the
above arguments. One preliminary idea is introducing a separate
"job-conf.yaml".

All in all, I agree that this topic requires more careful designs and
deserved a separate discussion thread.

Best,
Yangze Guo