Hi all,

Zhipeng, Fan (cc'ed) and I are opening this thread to discuss two different
designs to extend Flink ML API to support more use-cases, e.g. expressing a
DAG of preprocessing and training logics. These two designs have been
documented in FLIP-173
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=184615783>
。

We have different opinions on the usability and the ease-of-understanding
of the proposed APIs. It will be really useful to have comments of those
designs from the open source community and to learn your preferences.

To facilitate the discussion, we have summarized our design principles and
opinions in this Google doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L3aI9LjkcUPoM52liEY6uFktMnFMNFQ6kXAjnz_11do>.
Code snippets for a few example use-cases are also provided in this doc to
demonstrate the difference between these two solutions.

This Flink ML API is super important to the future of Flink ML library.
Please feel free to reply to this email thread or comment in the Google doc
directly.

Thank you!
Dong, Zhipeng, Fan