For implementing this in practice, we could also extend our CI pipeline a
bit, and count the number of deprecation warnings while compiling Flink.
We would hard-code the current number of deprecations and fail the build if
that number increases.

We could actually extend this and run a curated list of IntelliJ
inspections during the build (IIRC this was discussed in the past):
https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/command-line-code-inspector.html