Hi everyone,

according to the SupportsReadableMetadata interface, the planner is
supposed to project required metadata columns prior to applying them:

> The planner will select required metadata columns (i.e. perform
projection push down) and will call applyReadableMetadata(List, DataType)
with a list of metadata keys.

However, from my experiments it seems that this is not true: regardless of
what columns I select from a table, #applyReadableMetadata always seems to
be called with all metadata declared in the schema of the table. Metadata
columns are also excluded from SupportsProjectionPushDown#applyProjection,
so the source cannot perform the projection either.

This is in Flink 1.13.2. Am I misreading the docs here or is this not
working as intended?

Best
Ingo